May 19, 2008

A Life of Greatness

I'm not one to brag, unless I'm bragging about Jesus or other people. But last night I have to say that I preached one of the greatest messages of my ministry. I just told God that I was going to allow Him to speak through me and just surrendered myself to Him. I spoke on "Living a Life of Greatness", taking my text from Judges 6:11-16 where the Lord calls Gideon to free his people from the oppression of the Midianite invaders. When we were kids we had such grand dreams of what we were going to become in life. We wanted to be the one who found a cure for cancer, a fighter pilot, or an astronaut. But over time, life and the Enemy has just beaten our dreams out of us.

John 10:10 says that the theif (Satan) comes only to steal, kill, and destroy. But I (Jesus) came so that they may have life and have it to the full. Many of us don't know what that kind of life looks like. We've had the Enemy come in and steal our dreams, kill our ambitions, and destroy our futures. But God has other plans.

+God Has Called You to Greatness:
Judges 6:12--When the angel of the LORD appeared to Gideon, he said, "The LORD is with you, mighty warrior."

+God Has Sent You into Greatness:
Judges 6:14--The LORD turned to him and said, "Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian's hand. Am I not sending you?"

+God Has Equipped Us for Greatness:
Judges 6:16--The LORD answered, "I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together."

I truly believe that God is on the verge of releasing a might moving force for the Kingdom of God and He is wanting to use us here at Magnolia. May the seeds of Greatness be reawakened in our lives, and let us begin to realize the destiny that we were created for. God is calling us to greatness...what will your answer be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind...