Mar 3, 2010

Busyness Vs. Compassion

I was just headed home to eat lunch with my wife when a thought struck me. You know a lot of times we can let busyness take the place of compassion in our lives. I know that I've been guilty of this many times. The pressures of life and the drive to get things done makes us so busy that we aren't able to (or more likely just don't) listen to the guidance of God when it comes to showing compassion toward those around us.

I mean, when was the last time I stopped to help a guy on the side of the road change a tire. Nope, sorry. I'm busy, busy, dreadfully busy, you have no idea what I have to do...(wow, Vegietales flashback). It's easy to let the demands of our everyday life keep us from showing the compassion of Christ to those around us.

My challenge: Think about this the next time you see a single mom with three kids trying to push her groceries to her car? Or maybe even stop to let someone walk across the street in front of you so they can get into the store. Or maybe the greatest challenge to all of us...take the time to slow down and just listen AND act on the direction of the Lord in all of our situations. Show some compassion today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind...