Nov 23, 2010

What I'm Thankful For

 
It's that time of year that you sit down and begin to think about all the things that you are thankful for. So here's my list of things that I'm thankful for this year.
 
 
1. God - I'm thankful that God loved me so much that he sent his Son to show us a new kingdom way of living and then died on the cross a horrible death to free me from sin and for His service.

2. My Wife - I am so honored to have Amy as my wife. She amazes me every day with her love for people and her love for God. I am trully blessed to call her my wife and have her as my partner as we journey this life together.

3. My Daughter - Everyday Jadyn does something to make me smile and think, "You know all those things I think are important, really aren't as important as I thought." It's those, "Love You daddy"s before bed that make everyday worth all the toil.

4. Jadyn already (even at 21mo.) beginning to fall in love with God. It is so cool to here her ask if we can pray when I lay her down to sleep at night. I am so blessed that I get to raise her in a Christian home.

5. My job - This is something that none of us should take for granted. I am so grateful to have a steady job that pays my bills. And as a bonus: I enjoy my job and I am good at it. That always helps.

6. My Church Family - Crosspointe Church is full of some of the most hospitable, friendly people that I've ever met. It is really a blessing to travel alongside you as we journey toward God.

7. My Church Staff - You guys are some of my closest friends. It is always a joy to hang out, dream, and work together to bring in the harvest that God has laid before us. Love you guys!!!

8. My Missional Community (MC) - We've grown from a connection group at Crosspointe Chruch to a MC on mission with God to share the life and light of Jesus with our neighborhood. It is great to share my life with you and and honor to have you share yours with me. I look forward to what God has for us this coming year and beyond.

9. My Friends - I'm so blessed to have as many friends as I have now. When I was growing up, and even after I got married, we moved around a lot. It was hard to want to make friends when you thought you might be leaving soon. It has been great to have finally found our place in Ada and begin growing in the friendships that we've been blessed with.

10. My mentors - My dad and my pastor have been crucial in me becoming the man of God that I am today. I'm trully blessed to have grown up in a Christ centered home where my love for God was fostered. And Pastor Shawn at Crosspointe Church has been a great friend, confidant, guide, and helper over the years. It is great to have someone that I really respect and look up to take an interest in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what's on your mind...